Renewal is a 2008 documentary film . It is a feature-length documentary about religious-environmental activists.  Directed and produced by American filmmakers Marty Ostrow and Terry Kay Rockefeller, the film includes eight stories that represent the growing religious-environmental movement. Each story is set in a different religious tradition, addressing a different environmental concern. Renewal Began airing public television stations are in the United States in April, 2009. 
The eight stories in Renewal are: 
- A Crime Against Creation : Evangelicals bear witness to mountaintop removal mining and the destruction of Appalachia (11:20 min.)
- Going Green : GreenFaith in New Jersey helps congregations take the first steps to environmental action (14:20 min)
- Food for Faith : Muslim tradition and charity forge bonds between urban communities and sustainable farms in Illinois (14:50 min)
- Ancient Roots : The Teva Learning Center and Adamah in Connecticut bring environmental education together with Jewish tradition (17:30 min)
- Compassion in Action : Green Sangha, a buddhist community in northern California, leads to a campaign to save trees (11:10 min)
- Eco-Justice : The Holy Spirit inspires a battle against industrial contamination in small-town Mississippi (11:30 min)
- Sacred Celebration : Catholics and Native Americans embrace religious ritual in a struggle to protect New Mexico’s land and water (9:30 min)
- Interfaith Power and Light : Across America (9:25 min)
- In honor of World Environment Day 2008, Renewal was screened at the United Nations. 
- Renewal is featured in the Humane Society of the United States ‘ “All Creatures Great and Small Campaign.” 
- Voted “Best of Fest” at the Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Festival in Seattle . 
- Screened by over 1000 Interfaith Power and Light-affiliated congregations, in 29 states. 
- Showcased as a workshop at Bioneers by the Bay, a conference dedicated to visionary and practical solutions for restoring Earth and its inhabitants. 
- An official selection of the Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival and National Tour, the largest environmental film festival in the United States, a festival for activists by activists. 
The Renewal DVD includes the 90-minute sequence of the eight stories, as well as stand-alone versions of the stories. It is being promoted as a flexible tool for community action groups, congregations, religious and environmental organizations. 
- Spiritual ecology
- Jump up^ “Renewal (2008) – Plot summary” . Internet Movie Database . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “American Public Television: Renewal: Stories from America’s Religious Environmental Movement” . American Public Television . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Renewal Project – About the Film” . The Renewal Project . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Renewal-Faith and Environment – Sierra Club’s Environmental Partnerships Program – Sierra Club” . Sierra Club . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Food for Faith” . Humane Society of the United States . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Renewal Project – What’s Happening” . The Renewal Project . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Renewal Project – Purchase DVDs” . The Renewal Project . Retrieved April 26, 2009 .