Matthew Sleeth, MD is an author, speaker, and advocate of creation care . A former emergency room physician, Sleeth wrote His first book, Serve God, Save the Planet  ( Zondervan ), in May 2006. since then, he has spoken more than 900 times  in churches, schools and media outlets to about the biblical mandate to care for the Earth.
In 2008, Sleeth wrote the introduction to The Green Bible  ( HarperOne ) and in 2010 wrote The Gospel According to the Earth: Why the Good Book is a Green Book  (HarperOne). His third book, 24/6: A Prescription for a Healthier, Happier Life was released in November 2012  ( Tyndale House Publishers ). Through his nonprofit, Blessed Earth, Sleeth wrote and released a 12-part creation care DVD series called Serving God, Saving the Planet (Zondervan), with accompanying guidebooks, in 2010. 
Sleeth attended West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia, for his undergraduate degree and earned his MD degree from The George Washington University School of Medicine . In 2016, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by Hood Theological Seminary . 
Sleeth has-been featured in publications Such As Newsweek ,  Christianity Today , Books and Culture ,  Creation Care Magazine ,  Guideposts ,  The Huffington Post ,  San Francisco Chronicle ,  Grist ,  and films such as The Great Warming  and Start: Becoming a Good Samaritan .  Sleeth wrote the introduction for and served on the advisory board of the Green Bible (HarperOne).
In 2008, Sleeth and his wife, Nancy Sleeth , founded Blessed Earth, an educational nonprofit inspiring faithful stewardship of all creation.
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew. Serve God, Save the Planet. White River Junction, Vermont: Chelsea Green Publishing, 2006.
- Jump up^ “Answering the Call of Creation” . The State Journal . February 4, 2011 . Retrieved June 19, 2012 .
- Jump up^ The Green Bible. New York: HarperOne, 2008.
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew. The Gospel According to the Earth: Why the Good Book Is a Green Book. New York: HarperOne, 2010.
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew. 24/6: A Prescription for a Healthier, Happier Life. Carol Stream, Illinois: Tyndale, 2012.
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew. Serving God, Saving the Planet. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2010.
- Jump up^ Fisher, Hugh. “With Thankful Hearts” . Salisbury Post . Retrieved May 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The Faces of Christian Politics” . Newsweek . December 2010 . Retrieved June 15, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Crouch, Andy (May-June 2007). “Rx for Excess” . Books and Culture . Retrieved June 14, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew (Summer 2008). “God’s Mental Health Prescription” . Creation Care Magazine . pp. 40-43 . Retrieved June 14, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew (January 2007). “Healing the Planet” . Guideposts Magazine . Retrieved June 15, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Sleeth, Matthew (April 19, 2010). “Making Earth Day a Church Day” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved June 15, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Miller, David Ian (January 22, 2007). “Finding My Religion” . San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved August 12, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Roberts, David (October 6, 2006). “An Interview with J. Matthew Sleeth, Evangelical Environmentalist and Author” . Grist . Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- Jump up^ Coshof, Karen, Alanis Morissette, and Keanu Reeves. The Great Warming. Kelowna, BC: Filmwest Associates, 2003.
- Jump up^ Seaton, Michael, and John Ortberg. Start: Becoming a Good Samaritan. Grand Rapids, Mich .: Zondervan, 2010.