John F. West , (1920-2001),  was an environmental activist in Marin County, California .  John and his wife Anne West were both active in local environmental issues in Marin County for several decades.   John West was largely responsible for restoring the salmon spawning grounds in the area of Olema Creek and surrounding areas.  In contribution to John’s efforts, the creek, which was named “Blue Line Creek”, was renamed “The John West Fork” of Olema Creek.  
The work and efforts of John and Anne West are run by the Tomales Bay Association . 
- Jump up^ “JOHN WEST – California – people search, genealogy, find relatives and locate ancestors” . Faqs.org . Retrieved 2012-02-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “The John West Fork” (PDF) . Tomales Bay . Retrieved 17 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Environmentalist Anne West dead at 78”, Marin Independent Journal, Tues, Oct 5, 1999
- Jump up^ Ted and Sharon Van Bebber (View posts) (1999-10-11). “Anne West Obit – 1999 – Marin – Family History & Genealogy Message Board – Ancestry.com” . Boards.ancestry.com . Retrieved 2012-02-10 .
- Jump up^ “2007-2008 Coho and Steelhead Spawner Survey Summary” (PDF) . San Francisco Bay Area Network . National Park Service . Retrieved 17 April 2013 .