The International Uranium Film Festival  was founded in 2010 in Rio de Janeiro , and has traveled to Germany, Portugal, India  and the United States. This educational event merges art, ecology , environmentalism and environmental justice , to inform the public about uranium mining and milling, nuclear power issues, nuclear weapons and the nuclear fuel cycle from “cradle to serious” life-cycle assessment – and the effects of radioactivity on humans and other species.    The festival founders and principal organizers are Norbert Suchanek and Marcia Gomes de Oliveira. The legal organizer of the International Uranium Film Festival is the non-profit arts and education”Yellow Archives”.  The organizers and the festival participants seek to educate and activate the international public on these issues through the dynamic media of film and video. 
The films shown have been made in such a way that uranium milling, milling, and use, and the effects of water and human health. A key objective of the festival is to inform cultures and future generations about the effects of radioactivity and radioactive materials.  Public education and open discussion of these matters may be more important, and the future of the future will be safe.         The Atomic Age nuclear world has produced millions of metric tones of high-level, low-level and intermediate-levelradioactive waste during the past sixty years.   This waste will remain hazardous for over 100,000 years.  Other themes explores atomic legacy issues, including research, development, testing, and use of nuclear weapons.  Many of these events affected specific populations including the Marshall Islanders, Native American cultures in the US Southwest and Northwest, First Nations in Western Canada, among others. 
Movies on nuclear issues
- Abita. Children from Fukushima, Directors: Shoko Hara and Paul Brenner , Germany, 2012, 4 min, English subtitles, animation
- Atomic Bombs on the Planet Earth, Director: Peter Greenaway , UK / The Netherlands, 2011, 13 minutes
- Atomic Footprints, Director: Pip Starr , Australia, 2006, 14 min, English
- Atomic Ivan, Director: Vasily Barkhatov , Russia, 2012, 91 min, English subtitles
- Buddha Weaps in Jadugoda, Director: Shriprakash Prakash , India, 1999, 55 min
- Cesium in my Blood, Director: Lars Westman , Sweden / Brazil, 2009, 70 min
- Children of Uranium, Director: Adina Popescu , Romania, 2009, 64 min, English subtitles
- Enola, Director: Christoph Boekel , Germany, 1986, 28 min, English subtitles
- Forbidden Ground Fukushima, Director: Kazunori Kurimoto , Japan, 2012, 57 min
- Hibakusha, Director: Steve Nguyen & Choz Belen , USA, 2012, 54 min, English, with animation
- High Power, Director: Pradeep Indulkar , India, 2013, 27 min, English subtitles
- Hiroshima Nagasaki Download, Director: Shinpei Takeda , Mexico / Japan, 2010, 73 min, Japanese / English
- Iraq: Fallujah’s Sacrificed Children, Director: Feurat Alani , France 2011, 48 min, French
- Nuclear Savage: The Islands of Secret Project 4.1, Director: Adam Jonas Horowitz , USA, 2012, 87 min
- Nuclear Waste, Director: Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy , Ukraine, 2012, 25 min, English subtitles
- Slouching Towards Yucca Mountain, Director: Eve Andree Laramee , USA, 2011, 17 min, English subtitles
- The Atomic States of America, Directors: Don Argott and Sheena M. Joyce , USA, 2011, 92 min, English
- The Four Corners: A National Sacrifice Area, Director: Christopher McLeod , USA, 1983, 58 min, English
- The Return of the Navajo Epilogue Boy, Director: Jeff Spitz , USA, 2008, 15 min
- The Ultimate Wish: Ending the Nuclear Age, Director: Robert Richter , USA, 2012.40 min, English subtitles
- U 4 Uranium ?, Director: Shanny Haziza , Israel, 2012, 54 min, English subtitles
- Under Control, Director: Volker Sattel , Germany, 2011, 98 min, English subtitles
- Uranium – To Die For, Director: Shanny Haziza , Israel, 2012, 54 min, English subtitles
The legal organizer of the International Uranium Film Festival is the non-profit arts and education “Yellow Archives”.  This charitable organization is registered in Rio de Janeiro and is officially recognized by the Brazilian Government. Partners of the festival are the Heinrich Boell Foundation  Brazil, Rio de Janeiro’s Museum of Modern Art MAM-Rio  and the Technical State School for TV, Cinema, Tourism and Events – Adolpho Bloch of the Foundation for Education and Science FAETEC. 
- History of the anti-nuclear movement
- List of movies about nuclear issues
- List of Nuclear-Free Future Award recipients
- The Navajo People and Uranium Mining
- The Return of Navajo Boy
- Uranium in the environment
- Uranium mining debate
- World Uranium Hearing
- Jump up^ Suchanek, Norbert, and Gomes de Oliveira, Marcia. “International Uranium Film Festival” . Retrieved 1 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Mumbai, DNA (February 9, 2013). “International Uranium Film is here from February 11” . DNA Analysis . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ National Cancer Institute. “Study Estimating Thyroid Doses of I-131 Received by Americans from Nevada Atmospheric Nuclear Bomb Test” . National Cancer Institute . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Simon, Steven L, Andre Bouville, and Land, Charles E. “Fallout from Nuclear Weapons Tests and Cancer Risks: Exposures 50 years ago still have health implants today that will continue into the future” (PDF) . American Scientist . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Noel Lyn (2013-11-30). “International Uranium Film Festival kicks off Monday in Rock Window, Ariz.” . Daily Times . Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Jump up^ Klauk, Erin. “Impacts of Resource Development on Native American Lands” . Human Health Impacts on the Navajo Nation from Uranium Mining . Carleton College . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Suchanek, Norbert. “Yellow Archives” . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Suchanek ,, Norbert and Gomes de Oliveira, Marcia. “Movies at the 3rd Rio Uranium Film Festival” . Uranio em Moviemento . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. “SOURCES AND EFFECTS OF IONIZING RADIATION” (PDF) . UNSCEAR 2008 . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Norrell, Brendon. “Navajo Uranium Film Fest Day 2 article and videos” . Censored News: Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Linford, Laurent (2000). Navajo Places . Salt Lake City, Utah: University of Utah Press.
- Jump up^ Uranium Mining and the Navajo people
- Jump up^ Miller, Alexandra. “Review: Navajo People and Uranium Mining”. Environmental Health Perspectives. PMC 1852667 .
- Jump up^ Norrell, Brendan. “International Uranium Film Festival coming to Navajo Nation” . Censored News: Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights . Retrieved October 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ The Pavilion THeater. “Uranium Film Festival 2014” . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “International Uranium Film Festival” . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Heinrich Böll Stiftung. “The International Uranium Film Festival is Coming to Washington DC” . Goethe-Institute Washington DC . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ IAEA: International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA-TECDOC-1591. “Estimation of Global Inventories of Radioactive Waste and Other Radioactive Materials” (PDF) . IAEA: International Atomic Energy Agency . Retrieved June 2008 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Office of Environmental Management. “Cleanup Sites” . Energy.gov . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Decay and Half Life” . Integrated Environmental Management, Inc . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Singer-Vine, Jeremy, Emshwiller, John R. Parmar, Neil, and Scott, Charity. “Waste Lands: America’s Forgotten Nuclear Legacy” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 9 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Emshwiller, John R. and Singer-Vine, Jeremy (October 30, 2013). “A Nuclear Cleanup Leaves Effort Questions Lingering at Old Sites Questions” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 9 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ HBS European Union Office. “Germany – Heinrich Böll Stiftung Foundation Overview” . GEF: Green European Foundations . Retrieved 2 February2014 .
- Jump up^ Museus do Rio. “Museu de Arte Moderna do Rio de Janeiro – MAM-Rio (Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro-MAM-Rio)” . Museus do Rio . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Governo do Rio de Janeiro. “FAETEC INDICADA AO PRÊMIO PERSONALIDADE EDUCACIONAL 2011” . Governor of Rio de Janeiro . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .