The International Union of Air Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection Associations ( IUAPPA ) is an international federation of civil society organizations concerned with air pollution . IUAPPA, founded 1964 at the US Air Pollution Control Association,  has 40 national organizations such as; the United States ( Air and Waste Management Association ), Germany ( Verein Deutscher Ingenieure ) and Japan (Japan Environmental Management Association for Industry) and other networks. The Foundation is seen in the “Ecological Revolution” in and around 1970. 
The focus of IUAPPA is “the development and implementation of more effective policies for the prevention and control of air pollution, the protection of the environment and the adoption of sustainable development”.  IUAPPA wants to achieve the adoption and effective implementation of policies that can secure a clean and healthy atmospheric environment, together with scientists, policy makers, regulators, business and citizen groups with this same objective.
The Global Atmospheric Pollution Forum was initiated by IUAPPA and the Stockholm Environment Institute .  European Federation of Clean Air and Environmental Protection Associations (EFCA) was founded by the European Union of International Union of Air Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection Associations, IUAPPA 
The IUAPPA secretariat is in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom. The President is Kil-Choo Moon of the Korea Institute of Science and Technology and the director general is Richard Mills.   IUAPPA is the International Board which consists of the President, Vice-Presidents, Immediate Past President and Honorary Treasurer, together with one authorized representative of each Member of the Union.
Partners and Members
IUAPPA is a partner of UNEP Climate and Clean Air Coalition  and has worked closely with UNEP and WHO .  
- Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Commission on Air Pollution Prevention of VDI and DIN – KRdL, Kommission Reinhaltung der Luft im VDI und DIN – Normenausschuss KRdL 
- Japanese Union of Air Pollution Prevention Associations (JUAPPA), Nihon Taiki Kougai Boushi Dantai Rengoukai 
- Environmental Protection UK , formerly National Society for Clean Air and Environmental Protection – NSCA 
- Air & Waste Management Association 
- Cercl’Air, Switzerland, Department of the Environment 
- The Swedish Clean Air Society 
World Clean Air Congress
The World Clean Air Congress, first organized by IUAPPA in 1966, is held every two or three years. It is one of the major international gatherings on atmospheric sciences and policy with 1,500 participants. Some of the more recent congresses are;
- The IUAPPA World Clean Air Congress, Many Nations – One Atmosphere: Plotting the Path to Sustainability was held at Cape Town, with a call to South African industry to show leadership and comply with emission standards.  South Africans were exposed to pollutants.  “The people who are exposed to the smoldering bills of bronchitis, asthma or, worse, lung cancer,” Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said in a speech. 
- the 17th IUAPPA World Clean Air Congress, Mega Cities Perspective, Healthier and Greener Future , to be held in Busan, Korea in 2016 
Resolutions and Declarations
Ever since it was founded in 1964 the Union has had a long-term interest in the relationship between air pollution and the earth’s climate. Policy declarations in 1989 were one of the first to focus on climate change . The focus in 1995 Arctic landscape and pollution. In 2001 it was worldwide action on long-range transport of air pollution. 2010’s focus was One Atmosphere . 
In collaboration with the International Academy of Sciences in Munich, the Union offers the Thomas Kuhn Award for a new understanding of problems of sustainability or the transfer of such solutions and the Yuan T. Lee Award for multi-disciplinary or cross-disciplinary work which relates to the natural and psycho-sciences in pursuit of sustainability.  
- Ranjeet Sokhi (ED.): World Atlas of Atmospheric Pollution. The World Atlas was developed in conjunction with the International Union of Air Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection Associations (IUAPPA) and the Global Atmospheric Pollution Forum.
- IUAPPA Three Year Review: 2007 – 2010 ( PDF )
- Over 1000 IUAPPA related publications ( Google scholar ).
- ^ Jump up to:a b Joachim Radkau: The Age of Ecology. Wiley, 2014
- Jump up^ “IUAPPA Statutes” . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Global Atmospheric Pollution Forum” . Stockholm Environment Institute. Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “About EFCA” . European Federation of Clean Air and Environmental Protection Associations . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “New IUAAPA President (korean)” . Hello DD, Koreas Nr. 1 in Science and Media . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ http://www.jsme-fed.org/events/2011/AJK2011/documents/Biography_Dr.KC.Moon.pdf
- Jump up^ “Clean Climate and Air Colaition” . UNEP . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director Speech” (PDF) . IUAPPA Newsletter 2004 . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Health program of the 10th World Clean Air Congress” . Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Kommission Reinhaltung der Luft im VDI und DIN – Normenausschuss KRdL” . VDI . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “JAPANESE UNION OF AIR POLLUTION PREVENTION ASSOCIATIONS” . JEMAI . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ http://www.environmental-protection.org.uk
- Jump up^ “Home” . Air & Waste Management Association .
- Jump up^ http://www.cerclair.ch/cmsv2/index.php?news-1
- Jump up^ “Energi- & Miljötekniska Föreningen” . Energi- & Miljötekniska Föreningen .
- Jump up^ “IUAPPA 2013 – Home” .
- Jump up^ “Poor hurts most by pollution: Molewa” . eNews Channel Africa . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Conference calls on SA to clean up over air pollution” . news24.com . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “17th IUAPPA World Clean Air Congress 2016” .
- Jump up^ Press release. “IUAPPEPA calls for absracts for World Congress” Check
|url=value ( help ) . news, thomasnet.com . Thomasnet.com . Retrieved 21 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Hope for the Future for a Sustainable World Award” . International Academy of Science . Retrieved 2015-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Awards & Honors” . IUAPPA .