Charlene Spretnak (born 1946) is an American author, known for her writings on ecology , politics , art , and spirituality . She is a prominent ecofeminist  and a cofounder of the US Green Party movement.
Spretnak was born in Pittsburgh and raised in Columbus, Ohio . She earned degrees from St. Louis University and the University of California, Berkeley . She has written eight books, qui Several of Proposed eco-have-year social analysis and vision in the areas of social criticism (Including feminism ), cultural history , and religion and spirituality . Since the mid-1980s, her books have been investigated by multiple crises of modernity and further corrective efforts.
Her book Green Politics (1984) was a major catalyst for the formation of the US Green Party movement, of which she is a cofounder. In 2006 Charlene Spretnak was named by the British government’s Environment Department as one of the “100 Eco-Heroes of All Time” for her writings on ecology, politics, and spirituality. In 2012 she received the Demeter Award for Lifetime Achievement as “One of the first visionary feminist thinkers of our time” from the Association for the Study of Women and Mythology.
She co-hosts a weekly radio program based on her book Relational Reality (2011), “All Together Now”, on the Progressive Radio Network (prn.fm).
In 2014, she released a book on the spiritual dynamic in modern art and contemporary art with Palgrave Macmillan called The Spiritual Dynamic in Modern Art: Reconsidered Art History, 1800 to the Present . 
- Interviewed in Our Lady , Film for Canadian Television, Vision Network (2012)
- Moon, Michael Green Ideology and Its Relation to Modernity , Studies in Human Ecology (Lund, Sweden: Lund Studies in Human Ecology, 2008)
- Interviewed for “Behind the Cult of Mary,” Women of the Bible, Special Collector’s Edition published by US News & World Report (January / February 2006)
- “Jag ar beroende, alltsa finns jag,” a profile of Charlene Spretnak by Anita Goldman, Dagens Nyheter , Stockholm, 16 August 2002
- Zhang Nini, “Body, Nature, and Place,” Philosophical Trends , Beijing, no. 7 (2001)
- Zhihe Wang, “Spretnak and Ecological Postmodernism,” Journal of Social Science Abroad , Beijing, no. 6 (1997)
- Kassman, Kenn Envisioning Utopia: The US Green Movement and the Politics of Radical Social Change . Praeger Publishers (1997)
- Interviewed by Derrick Jensen in Listening to the Land: Nature, Culture, and Eros . Sierra Club Books (1995)
- Vardey, Lucinda God in All Worlds: An Anthology of Contemporary Spiritual Writing . New York: Random House (1995)
- Televised interview by John Parrot, Frontiers , a radio and television program produced by the Christian Science Monitor (November 1991)
- “Spretnak on Meditation, Economics, and Resistance,” by Diane Sherwood and Susan Butler, National Catholic Reporter (22 November 1991)
- Albanese, Catherine Nature Religion in America . University of Chicago Press (1990)
Works by Charlene Spretnak
- Relational Reality: New Discoveries of Interrelatedness That Are Transforming the Modern World . Topsham, ME: Green Horizon Books (2011). ISBN 0-615-46127-1
- Missing Mary: The Queen of Heaven and Her Re-Emergence in the Modern Church . New York: Palgrave Macmillan (2004). ISBN 1-4039-7040-8
- The Resurgence of the Real: Body, Nature, and Place in a Hypermodern World. New York: Routledge (1997). ISBN 0-415-92298-4
- States of Grace: The Recovery of Meaning in the Postmodern Age. San Francisco: HarperSanFrancisco (1991). ISBN 0-06-250697-8
- The Spiritual Dimension of Green Politics. Santa Fe: Bear & Co (1986). ISBN 0-939680-29-7
- Green Politics: The Global Promise , with Fritjof Capra. New York: EP Dutton (1984). ISBN 0-525-24231-7
- Lost Goddesses of Early Greece: A Collection of Pre-Hellenic Myths . Boston: Beacon Press (1978, 1981). ISBN 0-8070-1343-9
- The Politics of Women’s Spirituality: Essays by Founding Mothers of the Movement , Editor. New York: Anchor / Doubleday (1981). ISBN 0-385-17241-9
- The Spiritual Dynamic in Modern Art: Reconsidered Art History, 1800 to the Present (2014) Palgrave Macmillan ISBN 9781137350039
- Jump up^ Montardet, Pascale; Tragardh, Lars (June 3, 1993). “Tillbaka till kroppen: For ekofeministen Charlene Spretnak ar kvinnans fysik borjan till det goda”. Dagens Nyheter . Stockholm, Sweden.
- Jump up^ The Spiritual Dynamic in Modern Art: Reconsidered Art History, 1800 to the Present